Saturday 27 July 2013

The start of the Summer holidays and the start of a new project.

First off, do you remember my 'Hope Sews' quilt from a few days ago?


'Hope Sews' - have you 'liked' their Facebook page yet to spread the word?
https://www.facebook.com/wonkypatchwork?ref=ts&fref=ts#!/pages/Hope-Sews/102588516501725?fref=ts


When I wrote about it I couldn't find a link to a tutorial on the particular method I'd used to make it. But here it is now, found at last:
http://pinterest.com/pin/65654107040970272/
It's quite a different way of making a quilt with squares so worth a look.

We didn't have the best start to the holidays yesterday, Sam was sick in the night so the friends coming round and the camp out had to be abandoned. But a quiet day at home meant I got to make a bit of a start on my next project. Here's where I'm up to so far:


Another make with vintage sheets.
  Not very far yet, but aren't the colours lovely? I'm really looking forward to getting a bit further with this. I'm going to make something with half square triangles. These can be very versatile in quilts and there are lots of good tutorials out there about them. Try here, for example, to see how to make 8 in one go!
http://www.sewmamasew.com/2013/01/half-square-triangles-hsts-8-at-a-time/

And Theo, Venetia and I did get to take a little walk through the woods to the river this evening for a late swim, so it did feel a bit Summer holidayish to 3 of us at least. It was a lovely, still evening, the water was beautifully warm and we were incredibly lucky to see a deer and her fawn crossing the river and stopping for a drink just a few metres up stream from us. A wonderful end to the day.

I'm afraid we were all 3 of us swimming when the deer came past, so I didn't get a shot of them, only of Theo! But sometimes moments don't need to be caught on camera to be remembered, sometimes it's enough just to have had the moment at all.

Hope you're having a great weekend too. Back Monday, Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post a comment, I love to hear from you!